Thursday, January 17, 2008

Venison Meat Loaf

Yield: 1 servings

3/4 lb venison, ground
1/4 lb sausage, ground
1 egg
2 tb parsley, chopped
1 tb butter, softened
1 tb bread crumbs
1 ts lemon juice
1 ts salt
1/4 ts pepper
1 tb onion flakes, dried
1 c water
1/2 pk lipton's onion soup mix

Combine all ingredients except the Onion Soup Mix and the cup of water and shape into a loaf. Place in a lightly greased pan.

Bake 1 hour @ 350-degrees. Baste every 10 minutes with a combination of 1 cup water and 1/2 package dried onion soup mix.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great recipe and I can't wait to try it!

I know it's pretty easy to get good wild venison during the season, but I have struggled to find good quality meat during the off season that I also know has been caught correctly and justly...

I really recommend this site for venison meat because that have such good quality and really fair prices.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I hope this is useful for you and I can't wait to try your recipe!

Thanks!

Double D said...

Thanks Blake!
I've had this before and it is pretty good. The proper care in venison is always important for flavor.